Thursday, June 11, 2009

Guilty as Charged

This photo was taken right after he spit up on the couch. He's ready to give someone a "fist bump" with his right hand. :)


In honor of Owen's first four week's of life, I've been reflecting on all the parenting things I've done that I said I'd never do...


1. "My baby will NEVER use a pacifier." Well, we lasted 8 days without one. After Owen's circumcision, he was all about the pacifier. Now we use one quite often and I know I was crazy to think that good parents don't give their children pacifiers.


2. "My baby will NEVER sleep in bed with me." We aren't officially co-sleeping, but I have pulled Owen into bed with me for a little cuddle time in the early morning. However, those few minutes of cuddle time have frequently turned into an hour or two of sleeping. Oops!


3. "I will NEVER communicate with my baby through baby talk." I'm the craziest googoo gaga baby talker of them all. Whoda thunk it? I love making up silly songs about the booger in his nose or about how much he loves me and singing them in funny voices.


It's only been a few weeks and I've already broken three of my rules. Who knows how many more things will change in the next year?!?

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been 4 weeks!!!! Crazy. Glad you're breaking the rules, I think every parent has those moments.

    ReplyDelete