Tuesday, October 6, 2009

But I thought it was just drool...

As you can tell from the pictures below, CARROTS are not as exciting as PEARS. What we don't have a picture of is the orange spit up that followed.

Owen and I were chillin' in the recliner, and he thought it would be a good idea to lean forward to suck on my knee. (He's definitely a little strange when it comes to putting things in his mouth. He likes to take his socks off and then suck on them like some kind of weirdo.) I pulled him back up and we cuddled for awhile. Then he leaned forward to suck on my knee again (which reminds me of Lt. Jimmy Cross and Martha in The Things They Carried). I pulled him back up to me because he was drooling on my knee. Boy, was I wrong! It was practically all of the carrots that I fed him (half a package) on my knee, leg, foot, floor, chair, and pillow. It was warm and slimy and DISGUSTING. I just love being a mom.


You can't tell from the picture, but this is a sick kid. He has had a stuffy nose since Friday. We propped up his mattress with a pillow, but that's about all I can do. I am not going to use that blue booger-sucking ball that everyone tells me to use. I can't do it. I tried, but I jabbed him in every place except his stuffy nostril. That invention is impossible to use without some special blue booger-sucking ball degree from Baby Expert School. I'm just going to teach Owen to blow his nose and hope that he never gets sick again.

He's definitely a "Chick Magnet," right? And you'll notice that he's not wearing socks in any of these pictures because they don't stay on long enough for me to take a picture.

1 comment:

  1. I have an amazing battery powered sucker and highly recommend it, you can find them in Walmart, babies r us, they play music too...makes suckering 100xs easier.

    ReplyDelete